Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome!

Hello e-world! After being constantly asked by my friends and family, I have finally broken down and begun to write a food blog. This is, primarily, a guide for those in the greater Sacramento area who are looking for a good restaurant, but will also include places I've visited in my random excursions away from my home town. I will try to include pictures when possible but can not guarantee always including images.

My rating system:

The rating system will be a 20 point system split between three categories. As this is a food blog, I will be focusing the primary amount of the score on the quality of the food. 10 points will be dedicated to the quality and taste of the food. 5 points will be dedicated to presentation; a score which will include the presentation of the food as well as the restaurant itself. The final 5 points will be reserved for the quality of the service.

My basis:

I usually will try a restaurant at least twice before I write a review on it. My rule of thumb is that I should try at least two different items before writing any sort of review so that my rating is not based entirely on one type of food.

A little about me:

I am a man who loves his food. Sometimes, I love food too much. I was raised in a culture that used food not only as sustenance, but as a basis for gatherings. Because of this love I have taken up cooking as a hobby, enjoy finding new restaurants as a thrill, and even go out of my way to explore some of the more niche areas of cuisine. I am, by no means, an expert of the culinary world but, simply, a "Foody".

So, for those who have stumbled onto my blog, I hope that my recommendations and reviews provide you new experiences in the food world, but also new looks onto old favorites.

~ Antonio (Masa)

2 comments:

  1. try Tumblr.com instead of blogspot or atleast mirror there, the community is much stronger, the sites look better, and your blog will get more exposure

    /William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to review the stuff I bake too? D:

    ReplyDelete